The script will disable the context menu and replace it with this alert box: disable image context menu Pin on Pinterest You can replace the message with whatever you like in line 15, or If you prefer not to show the alert box, just delete or comment out code line 11 and 15. To comment out a line of Javascript, place two slashes "//" in front of the line, like this: Seamed Stockings and Lace : Just Keep Swimming..Just Keep Swimming

Monday, April 4, 2016

Just Keep Swimming..Just Keep Swimming

Good morning and a happy Monday!
I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Ethan and I had the privilege of getting away to the beach for the weekend. Which was much needed after so many hectic ups and downs. Over the last few months everything seems to have been changing. Doors opening then closing and countless big decisions to make. One of the biggest and most prevalent at the moment is that for the last few months Ethan has been looking at a complete career change. (He is in the process of joining the United States Coast Guard- Prayers would be much appreciated!) Also we are moving.. Moving adds a special dash of crazy to any life. Thankfully since I have stopped working and I grew up a military child...this shouldn't be too hard :) 

Here are some shots from our trip over the weekend. I also want to take a moment to write about my latest 1940's beach outfit creation further down. 
John 1:3-5
 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. 




My inner child who adored the movie 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea thought picking up a jellyfish was awesome! 

As most of you who are reading know, I have had a love for the 1940's my entire life. My curiosity of the era first became pricked after reading The Chronicles of Narnia. This led me listing to Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra Christmas albums throughout the entire year.... Oh the joy in my heart when I discovered music such as this existed outside of the Christmas genre! Here we are today and my love of the 1940's only grows more everyday. 





I made this top in under 2 hours, super easy to whip up in a night. 
The pattern is from Eva Dress. I worked with this pattern several times while I was assistant costumer for South Pacific (yay theatre costuming!). In the past I inserted bra cups in-between the lining and outer fabric layer, however I used a thick interfacing for shape this go around. For the record I suggest using bra cups such as these :) 

I made the skirt using this pattern. Available on Etsy here
Fabric from Denver Fabrics 

I picked up my pattern at a thrift store but I was devastated when I found out it was missing the top and shorts pattern pieces! 



What is your favorite beachwear style? 

Have you been sewing anything lately? 

xoxo
Olivia 

















No comments:

Post a Comment