The script will disable the context menu and replace it with this alert box: disable image context menu Pin on Pinterest You can replace the message with whatever you like in line 15, or If you prefer not to show the alert box, just delete or comment out code line 11 and 15. To comment out a line of Javascript, place two slashes "//" in front of the line, like this: Seamed Stockings and Lace : Sewing: 18th Century Chemise

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Sewing: 18th Century Chemise

If you follow me on Instagram you will have seen my photo of the new Outlander pattern from American Duchess. I knew as soon as I saw these two new patterns I must make them! I have such a love for historical fashion :) While these patterns are intended for 'costume/cosplay' purposes only, Lauren will be doing an entire series on her blog of how to "hack" the patterns and make them historically accurate. YAY!


I knew before leaving for Alaska I needed (really just wanted ;) to make up one of the pieces from the underpinnings pattern pack. My rule of thumb for historical sewing is that before I make any of the outer garments I have to make the underpinnings first. I decided to sew up the chemise, which was delightful and incredibly easy to put together! Once I return from Alaska in a couple months I will make my way to sewing the Stays/Bum Roll.

And there you go! The beautiful patterns from American Duchess. 
I am particularly fond of view B. For the outer garment. 

Have a wonderful day everyone!

 Olivia


1 comment: