The script will disable the context menu and replace it with this alert box: disable image context menu Pin on Pinterest You can replace the message with whatever you like in line 15, or If you prefer not to show the alert box, just delete or comment out code line 11 and 15. To comment out a line of Javascript, place two slashes "//" in front of the line, like this: Seamed Stockings and Lace : Pretty Little Things: Lingerie

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Pretty Little Things: Lingerie

Hello readers! Nearly everyone who knows me knows that I have a slight obsession with lingerie. (everyone being my girl /seamstress friends) Perhaps more than a slight obsession though…. I have a rather extensive collection at the moment! However, it occurred to me last night that it was not a subject I had written about yet on the blog. The title of my blog is Seamed Stockings and Lace after all right? Anyhow, I thought that I would talk a bit about my favorite brands and share a couple of my own personal designs.

(Also, I am writing this post in a crazed rush so pardon if it reads that way :) 

When it comes to vintage authenticity, quality, and looks. Three words: What Katie Did. 
Their quality is top notch! I purchase all of my garter belts, seamed stockings, bullet bras, and main shape wear from them. While I have tried these items from other companies, I find that I always go back to WKD. Another aspect I like about WKD is how small the business is! Customer service is excellent and I have never had a hitch in ordering or returning items as needed. Supporting small businesses has become increasingly important to me as I have many friends venturing out into that realm. I pray to as well myself one day! 

There are a couple other brands that I love however just don’t usually have the privilege of buying from. Dita Von Teese has a lovely collection with Bloomingdales as does L’Agent Provocateur. I am quite serious when I say I would do anything to work on the fourth floor of Bloomingdales. Lingerie lovers heaveeeennn! Last time I was visiting Manhattan  I walked around that floor for over an hour just soaking all the pretty items in. 
When I became engaged last October I knew that I had to find the perfect lingerie set for my wedding night. Being the person that I am, I put as much thought if not more into my boudoir wardrobe than my actual wedding dress and I am not at all ashamed to say it!  I searched for quite a while and purchased a gorgeous white set from L’Agent Provocateur. Absolutely beautiful! While not something to wear frequently, the quality and design elements are stunning.

I have a personal rule that before I make any historical outfit ensemble I have to make period appropriate underclothes. This rule applies to any time period though! meaning the 1940’s and 50’s for me. With a 1940’s dress nothing compliments it better than a set of tap pants and an authentic bra! Also, wearing a bullet bra with a turtleneck and a pair of cigarette pants? = One of my top 5 outfits I wear in the fall and winter seasons. I do indeed get strange looks and sometimes even comments when I wear a bullet bra. Honestly I could care less when it comes to other peoples opinions about my clothes…

Some lingerie brands I have not tried but have heard good things about are as follows: 

Pin Up Girl Clothing (they have a lingerie section separate from their clothing and and swimwear) 

Playful Promises- Ethan actually bought me a corset from them which was beautiful! Sadly it was far too short for my tall frame. So I ended up giving it to my sister in law for a costume piece. 

Ella McPherson

Every day brands that I enjoy consists of Victorias secret and Target brand. I used to adore VS but lately I have been thoroughly un-impressed with their designs and marketing. Like I said, I still buy my everyday wear from them, but don’t buy any nicer lingerie sets from them. 

And there you have it! A speed through of my thoughts on lingerie. 

Here a few of my personal designs.




Have a lovely day!
Olivia 





No comments:

Post a Comment