The script will disable the context menu and replace it with this alert box: disable image context menu Pin on Pinterest You can replace the message with whatever you like in line 15, or If you prefer not to show the alert box, just delete or comment out code line 11 and 15. To comment out a line of Javascript, place two slashes "//" in front of the line, like this: Seamed Stockings and Lace : New Year's Resolution! (It's kind of crazy)

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

New Year's Resolution! (It's kind of crazy)

Hello! Today I am so excited to announce a new years resolution (more of a challenge really) That me and my husband will be taking on as of January.


"Deep breath" We will not be shopping traditionally the entire year.

Our goal for 2019 is to be intentional about everything. But most specifically, how we spend our money and why we spend. Now the disclaimer is this. Obviously, consumables such as food, toothpaste, shampoo and such do not count. Home goods though? Yeah, they all need to be thrifted. Clothes? and THINGS? all second hand. And ONLY if we need it. (Oh, also underwear. We will not be thrifting that )

It's daunting. And slightly horrifying. But we're so ready and excited!

Modern-day consumerism quite genuinely makes me sick. The incessant need for more things. For ordering on Amazon Prime at the drop of the hat (haha me), for not being frugal and the second you want something or even kind of need something, immediately filling that need or desire by buying it right away.

Now Ethan and I are already quite thrifty. However this year we really want to stretch ourselves and see how much we can save and how creative we can get.

I should note that we will be doing a bathroom renovation and kitchen counter re-do in 2019. We aren't sure how we are going to factor that into our thrifting plan and we may have to give and take some. Except here's the cool thing. We already have the granite for the counters and Ethan picked up an old vintage tub being thrown away the other day that I will refurbish for the bathroom. Soooo on that front, we're already doing pretty decently. But like I said, there may be some trips to the hardware store involved.

The last thing I will note is that I will allow myself to sew (and fabric shop on a very strict budget) Honestly I am looking forward to getting away from costuming and focusing on everyday clothing for me and my family. My large project of the year will be sewing myself a pair of jeans..... Pretty scared and excited about that.

That's all for now. I just wanted to pop by here and write a little something. I am hoping to be journaling our year-long thrifting journey pretty regularly over on Instagram and write some more detailed posts over here.

I hope you are having a Merry Christmas!

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment