The script will disable the context menu and replace it with this alert box: disable image context menu Pin on Pinterest You can replace the message with whatever you like in line 15, or If you prefer not to show the alert box, just delete or comment out code line 11 and 15. To comment out a line of Javascript, place two slashes "//" in front of the line, like this: Seamed Stockings and Lace : Sewing: The Armistice Blouse

Friday, April 22, 2016

Sewing: The Armistice Blouse

This morning I had the intention of taking outfit photos in the great outdoors. Ethan (my faithful photographer) had the day off. Perfect right?? Well, it decided to thunderstorm today :/ So we ended up taking the photos inside, which actually turned out pretty well!

A few weeks ago I posted some progress photos of my Armistice Blouse. This is the third Folkwear Pattern I have used, and I have to say I loved it! I felt very intimidated by this pattern. I can't even say why! Let me tell you, it was a dream to put together. The only difficulty I ran into construction wise was my fabric choice. My fabulous sister in law (Thank you Lizzie!) gave me this gorgeous swiss dot fabric and I absolutely love it! However, the fabric is so incredibly fragile and constantly would snag and pull. Honestly, that was the only minor difficulty. If I had to go back I would have used the same fabric though... I absolutely love how it turned out :)

Deciding on what to do for the middle panel took me quite a while. I was thinking that I would omit lace at the top and just extend the fabric for a more simple look. But as I proceeded with the blouse I decided that a bit of lace would really add the perfect finishing touch. Finding the "perfect" lace piece proved challenging though. I was determined to buy something antique and not just run to Hobby Lobby or a random craft store. I have found through trial and error that when sewing historical garments it is extremely important to use period correct fabrics, lace, trim, etc... It really takes a historical clothing piece to the next level. Fortunately, I found this lace tucked away at an antique mall. 




 So there you have it! The completed Armistice Blouse. 

What do you think?

Do you have any tricks or ideas to share in regards to historical sewing? ( Something I have been getting into more lately :) Any suggestions would be awesome. 

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Olivia 

No comments:

Post a Comment